Categorized | News

Students evacuated at Keaau High School due to gas leak Thursday (Sept 16)

MEDIA RELEASE

Fire/rescue crews responded to a 9:30 a.m. alarm Thursday (Sept 16) due to a strong odor of propane gas in a room at Building ‘H’ of Keaau High School.

Upon arrival students had already been evacuated from the two-story classroom building. Staff at the school had already isolated the possible source of the gas leak and opened all windows and doors to ventilate the affected rooms which still had a strong odor of gas.

Fire department Hazmat crews later used monitoring devices and determined when the gas had dissipated and it was safe to reenter the rooms.

Crews were reported back in quarters at 11:07 a.m.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

 

 

Become a fan on facebook

 

 

Quantcast
%d bloggers like this: