Categorized | News

Utility work at S. Iwalani Street, West Kawailani intersection

MEDIA RELEASE

Relocation of underground utilities at South Iwalani and West Kawailani Street has changed travel patterns for motorists.

Entrance to South Iwalani Street is closed at the West Kawailani intersection due to road excavation.

Traffic is being redirected by special off duty police officers.

The road closure is 8 a.m.3 p.m. Monday-Friday and is in effect as of Oct. 1.

The entrance to South Iwalani Street closure at West Kawailani intersection will remain closed to through traffic until further notice Hawaiian Telcom and the county Department of Public Works are relocating utilities in preparation of future work from Kanoelani to Kuhilani Street, and portions of Ainaola.

The $1 million project is 80 percent funded by the Federal Highway Administration, and the remaining 20 percent by the county.

Completion is scheduled for 2013.

Integrated Construction Inc., are the contractors for the roadwork along West Kawailani Street in South Hilo.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

 

 

Become a fan on facebook

 

 

Quantcast
%d bloggers like this: