Since 1963, the President of the United States has issued a proclamation announcing National Small Business Week, recognizing the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners.
As part of National Small Business Week, on May 7, the SBA Hawaii District Office honored Hawaii’s outstanding small business owners and champions at the 27th Annual Statewide SBA Small Business Awards Luncheon.
State of Hawaii
* Small Business Person: David Erdman, President & CEO, PacRim Marketing Group/PR Tech
* Small Business Exporter: Jorma Winkler, President, Winkler Woods LLC
* Entrepreneurial Success: Jingbo Chang, Member, and Wendy Chang, Business Manager, Pacific Commercial Services LLC
* Home-Based Business Champion: Terrina Wong, Deputy Director, Pacific Gateway Center
* Young Entrepreneur: Kathryn Custer, Owner, Keiki Sitters dba Aloha Sitters
* Family-Owned Business: Michael Nobriga, CEO, Maui Soda and Ice Works Ltd.
* Women in Business Champion: Cynthia Yamasaki, Director, Patsy Mink Center for Business & Leadership
* Veteran Small Business Champion: Raymond Jarmine, Jr., Chairman & CEO, Native Hawaiian Veterans LLC
* Minority Small Business Champion: Joni Redick-Yundt, Sales Manager & Financial Representative, Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
* Financial Services Champion: Naomi Masuno, Vice-President, Bank of Hawaii
City & County of Honolulu
* Small Business Person: Robert Barrett, President, Coastal Windows Inc.
* Entrepreneurial Success: Jeffrey Kan, President, and, Jianye Wu, Vice-President, K & W Trading
* Family-Owned Business: Monica Toguchi, President & Owner, Highway Inn
* Young Entrepreneur: Steve Haugse, Member, Sunside Islands, LLC dba Flip Flop Shops
* Women in Business Champion: Lisa Kracher, President, Staffing Solutions Hawaii
* Minority Small Business Champion: Betty Hoang Brow, Executive Vice-President, Bank of Hawaii
* Veteran Small Business Champion: Charles “Chip” McClelland, President & CEO, Global Business Services Inc.
County of Maui
* Small Business Person: Robert Campbell, President, and David L. Tucker, Vice-President, Maui Printing Company Inc.
• Entrepreneurial Success: Brad Albert and Matias Besasso, Managers & Owners, Rising Sun Solar
* Financial Services Champion: John Roberts, Principal, Niwao & Roberts CPA
* Minority Small Business Champion: Sharon Zalsos, President, Maui Filipino Chamber of Commerce
* Women in Business Champion: Jennifer Brittin-Fulton, President, Exceptional Inc. dba Employers Options
County of Kauai
* Small Business Person: Abby Santos and Frank Santos, Principals, No Ka Oi Landscape Services LLC
County of Hawaii
* Small Business Person: Melanie Gross, President & Aquatic Technician, Wai Kai Inc.
* Small Business Exporter: David Bateman, President, Heavenly Hawaiian Ltd. dba Heavenly Hawaiian Farms
* Family-Owned Small Business: Robert “Chuck” Porter, Owner, Hawaii Tire Company dba Lex Brodie Tire
* Financial Services Champion: James M. Yoshiyama, President, James M. Yoshiyama CPA Inc.
* Veteran Small Business Champion: Hazel Beck, Acting Center Director, Hawaii Small Business Development Center Network – West Hawaii Office
* Women in Business Champion: Susan Moss, President, Trans Pacific Design