Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Kaupulehu hosts Made in America 2, a celebration of high-profile dinners, cooking classes and experiences. The series of culinary events, March 1-5 at the resort, highlights some of today’s top chefs and noted food author Lucy Lean’s book Made in America; Our Best Chefs Reinvent Comfort Food, published in October 2011.
Nancy Silverton (one Michelin-starred Osteria Mozza, Pizzeria Mozza, The Mozza Cookbook, La Brea Bakery) and Matt Molina (executive chef, Osteria Mozza, Pizzeria Mozza, The Mozza Cookbook); Ludo and Krissy Lefebvre (LudoBites, Sundance Channel’s LudoBites America, Top Chef Masters); Josiah Citrin (two Michelin-starred Melisse, Lemon Moon Café, In Pursuit of Excellence) join hosts James Babian (executive chef, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai) and Linda Rodriguez (pastry chef, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai) for the celebrations.
Each of the participating chefs is featured in Made in America, which showcases America’s classic comfort food dishes, reinvented by 100 of today’s top chefs from across the United States.
Master Sommelier Chuck Furuya from Southern Wine & Spirits will be on hand pairing wines at the various dinners.
“After the success of our first Made in America events in October, we decided to do this again, even bigger and better,” said Robert Whitfield, regional vice president and general manager of Four Seasons Resort Hualalai. “This lineup of amazing guest chefs is top-notch, offering some great culinary experiences for our guests.”
The line-up of events (schedule subject to change) is as follows:
* March 1: Nancy Silverton and Matt Molina cooking class; Prix-Fixe Dinner at Beach Tree, featuring Nancy Silverton and Matt Molina
* March 2: Farm Tour and Lunch with James Babian; Prix Fixe Dinner at Pahu ia, featuring Josiah Citrin
* March 3: Fishing Trip with Chefs; Master Sommelier Chuck Furuya conducts Wine Tasting 101; MiA2 Dinner at Beach Tree, featuring all chefs, Lucy Lean and Chuck Furuya
* March 4: Ludo Lefebvre cooking class; Linda Rodriguez cooking class Pie Making 10; Prix-Fixe Dinner at Pahu ia, featuring James Babian, Linda Rodriguez and Chuck
* March 5: Josiah Citrin cooking class; James Babian cooking class; Farm Dinner at Pahu ia
For more information and reservations, call toll-free (888) 340-5662 or visit www.fourseasons.com/hualalai